Wednesday, October 8, 2014

I Do Love Baseball?

Baseball has historically been one of my least favorite sports. I mean, seriously, not a lot happens, and it goes on and on and on . . . and then on some more.

But the Kansas City Royals are in the post season for the first time in 29 years, and I have a house filled to the brim with testosterone and baseball-obsessers.  So that means, fun-filled evenings watching the incredibly long playoff games. Family bonding at its finest.

Here's where the ray of light and angel chorus come in: the "good" tv is in the basement. What else is in the basement? My workshop.

I can "watch" the games, trying to insert appropriately worded--and timed--comments into the general fray, as I work on robots.


I do my best to synchronize my drilling needs with the commercial breaks for minimal distraction. I figure if I can maintain a low profile, I can continue to labor under the disillusionment that my all-male family doesn't mind my multitasking.



So far, so good.

And by that, of course, I mean the Royals. They're headed to the American League Division Championship this weekend.



I think we might just have to watch it on the good tv.


No comments:

Post a Comment