Monday, July 28, 2014

New Beginnings

After a month of broken-foot-ititus, I conquered the stairs (by sliding down them like a toddler) and made it to the workshop a couple nights ago. I promptly doused everything in super-killing spider spray, as I have had numerous dreams of spiders taking over and inhabiting every inch of my workspace, patiently waiting to capture me like the Lilliputs captured Gulliver.


Today, I actually made it down there to work.  And, by work, I mean play.  I plugged in the drill press and drilled holes randomly.  Ah, the sweet sound of high-powered machinery!

Once the initial euphoria wore off, I finally started on a custom order I received several weeks ago.  I bent things and drilled things and attached aluminum knives to a pepper shaker.  It was magical.


Although I didn't last as long as I'd like, I feel good. Good enough to mostly ignore the not-so-subtle throbbing of my foot. It's a brave new world.

No comments:

Post a Comment